August 2, 2022
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ONLINE ACCESS REQUIRED.
Co-Sponsors: The Co-Sponsors of the 2022 TeacherLists/Paper Mate Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) are School Family Media, LLC, the owner and operator of the TeacherLists school supply list platform, with offices located at 100 Stonewall Blvd., Suite 3, Wrentham MA 02093 (“SFM”), and Sanford, L.P., 6655 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., Atlanta, GA 30328 (and together with SFM, the “Co-Sponsors”). SFM will administer and manage the Sweepstakes on behalf of the Co-Sponsors.
1. Sweepstakes Dates: The Sweepstakes begins August 6, 2022, at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time and ends on August 31, 2022, at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (“Sweepstakes Period”). SFM’s computer is the official entry submission portal and time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Subject to the additional restrictions in these Official Rules (the “Official Rules”), the Sweepstakes is only open to registered TeacherLists users who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, excluding New York, Florida, and Rhode Island and are at least 18 years or older at the time of entry, and who meet the Entrant requirements (see section 4 in these Official Rules). Each Sweepstakes entrant (an “Entrant”) is entering the Sweepstakes on his/her behalf for the school with which the Entrant is employed or otherwise associated, as designated on the Entrant’s TeacherLists.com user account (the “Designated School”). All prizes awarded as part of the Sweepstakes will be for the Entrant and shipped to the Designated School’s address to the attention of the Entrant. Employees of either Co-Sponsor or any of their respective affiliated entities, the immediate family members of such employees and any persons domiciled with any such persons, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. Participation: Participation constitutes Entrant’s unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and SFM’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein. The Co-Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, prize suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Affiliates”) are not liable for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer or its contents relating to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials concerning this Sweepstakes, or from other technical difficulties, failures, or other errors of any kind. SFM reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by SFM. In the event that the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of SFM which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, SFM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, SFM reserves the right to award prizes based on the non-suspect, eligible entries received before the termination date
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SFM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
4. How To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible registered TeacherLists users can enter for a chance to win a Sweepstakes prize by either uploading one or more 2022-2023 school year classroom supply list(s) for such user’s Designated School (a “2022-2023 Supply List”) or by accessing and editing such user’s previously uploaded 2022-2023 Supply List or by claiming an existing and available 2022-2023 Supply List. Such 2022-2023 Supply Lists must contain Paper Mate pens or pencils listed as a required item to TeacherLists at https://app.teacherlists.com/powerloader/papermate. An Entrant will be considered to have submitted only one entry into the Sweepstakes regardless of how many classroom supply lists the Entrant uploads, edits, or claims. Entrants need to have a free account with TeacherLists in order to participate in the Sweepstakes If any Entrant does not have an account, an account with TeacherLists can be created for free. No purchase or pledge is required to enter. Any 2022-2023 Supply Lists may be posted to, edited on or claimed on TeacherLists free of charge.
5. Prize and Odds: After the Sweepstakes Period has ended, a random selection of 1000 Entrants who claim, upload or edit a list and add Paper Mater pens or pencils as a required item to the list(s) will win a Paper Mate Flair Metallic 16 ct. prize bundle (“Prize”). The approximate MSRP value of the Prize is $55.70 and the approximate MSRP value of all Prizes combined is $55,700. Each Prize will be sent to the winning Entrants (each, a “Winner”) by December 31, 2022. In addition to the Prizes, Paper Mate will donate $10.00 worth of Paper Mate Products to the Kids in Need Foundation for every eligible Entrant.
The odds of winning one of the Prizes depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prizes are nontransferable, nonexchangeable, and have no cash value. There are no cash substitutions. If a Prize becomes unavailable, or at SFM’s sole discretion, SFM may award substitute Prizes of comparable or greater value. All Prize details are at SFM’s sole discretion. Limit one Prize per Winner. Prizes will only be provided to a Winner with the Winner’s consent. In the event a Winner does not consent to receive a Prize, an alternate Winner will be selected.
6. Winners Drawing, Notification, and Acceptance: Winners will be contacted by October 15, 2022 during SFM’s regular business hours at the applicable email addresses or phone number associated with the TeacherLists account that the Entrant provided at time of entry. Failure to reach a Winner by email after three (3) attempts may result in the disqualification of that Winner and forfeiture of the Winner’s interest in the Prize. SFM will, at its sole and absolute discretion, be free to select an alternate Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. A Winner may waive its right to receive a Prize.
Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any and all taxes on Prize received, if applicable. Winners may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity and Prize Release (“Affidavit”) (except where prohibited by law), which must be returned as directed by SFM in order to claim the Prize. Failure to complete, sign, and return the Affidavit or to comply with any term or condition of these Sweepstakes Rules will result in a Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of its interest in the Prize, and the award of the Prize to an alternate Winner. If a Prize is not won and claimed by the eligible Winner in accordance with these Official Rules, it will not be awarded and will remain the property of SFM. The decisions of SFM regarding the selection of Winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects.
7. Limitations on Entry: Prize entries limited to one entry per Entrant. All entries must be fully and accurately completed. Multiple TeacherLists Users from the same Designated School can enter. Use of any automated system to participate in the Sweepstakes or subvert the entry process is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void.
The Co-Sponsors and their respective Affiliates are not responsible for incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, delayed, or stolen entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or a Co-Sponsor, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing, or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of a dispute of who submitted an online entry, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by SFM at its sole discretion, and SFM reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of SFM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
8. Release of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant and its Designated School: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of SFM, whose decisions shall be final and binding; and (b) agree to release and hold harmless each Co-Sponsor and their respective Affiliates from and against any and all claims, suits, causes of action, or other proceedings of any kind for losses, costs, damages, or other liabilities of any kind arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes and/or their acceptance and/or use of any Prize, including, without limitation, due to personal injury, death, and/or property damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s consent to SFM’s and its Affiliates’ use of Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state of residence for any commercial or promotional purpose in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification, or permission.
10. Winners’ Names: Names of Winners and, if applicable, their Designated Schools, once confirmation is complete, may be posted on the TeacherLists website at www.teacherlists.com. To obtain a list of the Winners and their Designated Schools, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with the name of the Sweepstakes written on it by April 30, 2023, to: TeacherLists c/o School Family Media, LLC, 100 Stonewall Blvd., Suite 3, Wrentham, MA 02093.