May 24, 2022
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ONLINE ACCESS REQUIRED.
Co-Sponsors: The co-sponsors of the 2022 Clorox TeacherLists Teacher Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) are School Family Media, LLC, the owner and operator of the TeacherLists school supply list platform, with offices located at 100 Stonewall Blvd. Suite 3, Wrentham MA 02093 (“SFM”), and The Clorox Company with offices located at 1221 Broadway, Suite 1600W, Oakland, CA 94612 (and together with SFM, the “Co-Sponsors”). SFM will administer and manage the Sweepstakes on behalf of the Co-Sponsors.
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins May 24, 2022 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time and ends August 1, 2022 at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (“Sweepstakes Period”). SFM’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Subject to the additional restrictions and conditions in these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes is only open to registered TeacherLists users who are (i) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, excluding Puerto Rico and Rhode Island (ii) at least 18 years or older at the time of entry, and (iii) a classroom teacher or other staff member at the K-12 school identified by the user in the user’s TeacherLists registration form (the “Associated School”). Employees of either Co-Sponsor or any of their respective affiliated entities, and the immediate family members of such employees, and any persons domiciled with any such persons, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. Participation: Participation constitutes an entrant’s (“Entrant”) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and SFM’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein. The Co-Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, prize suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Affiliates”) are not liable for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer or its contents relating to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials concerning this Sweepstakes, or from other technical difficulties, failures or other errors of any kind. SFM reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by SFM. In the event that the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, violation of these Official Rules, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of SFM which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, SFM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, SFM reserves the right to award prizes based on the non-suspect, eligible entries received before the termination date.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CO-SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
4. How To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible users can enter for a chance to win a Sweepstakes prize either
i. by uploading to TeacherLists at https://app.teacherlists.com/powerloader/clorox one or more 2022-2023 school year classroom supply list(s) for such user’s Associated School (a “2022-2023 Supply List”) and by doing so opting in to add Clorox Disinfecting Wipes as a requested item thereby replacing any other surface disinfecting wipes product, if any, on such list(s),
ii. by clicking on the “Update my List” button in an Official Sweepstakes Email and by doing so instructing SFM to update any generic, competitor or unbranded disinfecting wipes on such list(s) to Clorox Disinfecting Wipes as a requested item on the 2022-2023 Supply List, thereby replacing any other surface disinfecting wipes product on such list(s), or
iii. by clicking on the “Add Clorox” button in an Official Sweepstakes Email and by doing so instructing SFM to add Clorox Disinfecting Wipes as a requested item on the 2022-2023 Supply List.
iv. ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY (AMOE): Mail a submission with the Sweepstakes name written on the submission to School Family Media, LLC to 100 Stonewall Blvd. Suite 3, Wrentham, MA 02093. All form submissions must be received by August 1, 2022 at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time. Responsibility for proper submission rests solely with Entrant. Neither Co-Sponsor is responsible for any lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected or illegible entries. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by a Co-Sponsor.
Each eligible Entrant may have one (1) Sweepstakes entry. An Entrant will be considered to have submitted only one entry into the Sweepstakes regardless of how many classroom supply lists the Entrant posts to, or edits in, TeacherLists.com. Entrants need to have a free account with TeacherLists.com. If any Entrant does not have an account, an account with TeacherLists.com can be created for free. No purchase or pledge is required to enter. 2022-2023 Supply Lists may be posted to, or edited on, TeacherLists.com free of charge.
5. Prize and Odds: At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, two hundred (200) Entrants will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible Entrants to win a Prize pack consisting of one (1) canister of Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, one (1) pack of Clorox On The Go Wipes and one (1) bottle of Clorox Disinfecting Mist (the “Prize”). The approximate retail value of each Prize package is $15.00. The total value for all two hundred (200) prizes is $3,000. The Prize will be sent to the attention of the two hundred (200) winning Entrants (each, a “Winner”) at the Associated School’s address by October 31, 2022.
The odds of winning one of the Sweepstakes prizes depends on the number of eligible entries received. Prizes are non-transferable, and non-exchangeable. There are no cash substitutions. If a prize becomes unavailable, or at SFM’s sole discretion, SFM may award substitute Clorox prizes of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at SFM’s sole discretion. Each Entrant is limited to one prize per Winner. Prizes will only be provided to a Winner with the Winner’s consent. In the event a Winner does not consent to receive a prize, an alternate Winner will be selected.
6. Winners Drawing, Notification, and Acceptance: The two hundred (200) Winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period in a random drawing to be held by September 30, 2022. Winners will be contacted during SFM’s regular business hours at the applicable email addresses or phone numbers associated with the TeacherLists accounts that the Entrant provided at time of entry. Failure for the Winner to confirm their contact information and consent within 72 hours may result in the disqualification of that Winner and forfeiture of the Winner’s interest in the prize. SFM will select an alternate Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. SFM will make good faith attempts to award every prize. A Winner may waive the right to receive a prize. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per Entrant.
Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any and all taxes on prize received, if applicable, Winners may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity and Prize Release (“Affidavit”) (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by SFM in order to claim the prize. Failure to complete, sign and return the Affidavit, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, will result in a Winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of its interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate Winner. The decisions of SFM regarding the selection of Winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects.
7. Limitations on Entry: All entries must be fully and accurately completed and in compliance with these Official Rules. Use of any automated system to participate in the Sweepstakes or subvert the entry process is prohibited and will result in disqualification, and all associated entries will be void.
The Co-Sponsors and their respective Affiliates are not responsible for incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, delayed or stolen entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, tampering with or malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or a Co-Sponsor or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes including, without limitation, errors, malfeasance, or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the submission or processing of entries, the announcement of a prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of a dispute of who submitted an online entry, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by SFM in its sole discretion, and SFM reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of SFM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
8. Release of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant (a) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of SFM, which decisions shall be final and binding, and (b) agree to release and hold harmless each Co-Sponsor and their respective Affiliates from and against any and all claims, suits, causes of action or other proceedings of any kind for losses, costs, damages or other liabilities of any kind arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes and/or their acceptance and/or use of any Sweepstakes prize, including without limitation, due to personal injury, death, and/or property damage; claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s consent to SFM’s and its Affiliates’ use of Entrant’s names, likenesses, photographs, voices, opinions and/or hometowns, states of residence and the name of the school with which an Entrant is associated for any commercial or promotional purpose in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
12. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MASSACHUSETTS. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
13. Winners’ Names: Names of Winners, once confirmation is complete, may be posted on the TeacherLists website at www.TeacherLists.com. To obtain a list of the Winners and their Represented Schools, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with the name of the Sweepstakes written on it by March 31, 2023 to: TeacherLists c/o School Family Media, LLC. 100 Stonewall Blvd. Suite 3, Wrentham, MA, 02093.
© 2022 School Family Media, LLC. All rights reserved.